IFC models can be uploaded inside a subproject in the same way as drawings or regular project files. It's important to know that there are some dependencies between IFC-files and drawings if the 2D PDF drawings should be mapped to the 3D floor for an easy switch in the app.
- The models need to contain floors
- All models need to use the same coordinate system
- If 2D/3D mapping is interesting, then Spaces in master model is needed
- Upload master model - The first things you need to do is to upload the master model by pressing (+) and then entering a name for it (i.e. ARK), this is used in the app to turn off/on models when viewing. The master model is the file that includes spaces, floors inside additional models will be mapped towards the master model structure.
- Upload additional models - When the master model is uploaded, it's possible to continue with additional models by pressing (+) and then entering a name for it (i.e. RIB). When an additional model is uploaded, it has to be mapped towards the floors in the master model.
Repeat step 2 for all additional models you want in the subproject.
- Publish model - When all floors are mapped to the master model and the IFC files have been converted, then it's time to publish them for usage. A folder will on publish be created for each floor of the model inside the Drawing tab where drawings can be added to enable 2D/3D switch.
- Map drawings to floors by using polygon editor - Polygons for each room have been created if the master model included spaces (floors). Those needs to be aligned with the drawing by using the polygon editor.
Read more here:
Ready to go!
The model can be entered directly by selecting one floor, or by jumping from 2D position into the same position in 3D (if master model contained spaces).