Go through all of the three main steps User Groups, Subproject access, and App Permissions in order to complete permission setup.
The user groups control the responsible lists, permissions, notifications and automated reports. Therefore you need one group per business entity and every other group of users who should share the same setup.
Follow the steps under to add as User Group:
- Click "User Groups" within Project Settings
- Click "Add new group"
- Name the group and save
- In the list, checkmark the group for extra
- Add to new Subprojects - Checkmark this if the group always should be included in Subprojects within the project.
- Responsible - Checkmark the group to expose it within the field "Responsible" shared crossed registrations
- Request Manager - Allows the group to open and close issues and grants access to personal data
By default, the a new group will be granted Create, View and Edit access in the App, and will have no access to existing Subprojects.
Any new User Groups needs to be added to existing Subprojects for getting access. In order to add this or any existing User Group to a subproject:
- Enter a subproject
- Go to "Settings" -> "User groups" -> "Admin groups"
- Add/remove User Groups to the subproject
When you grant a user group access to a subproject, the App Permissions will be applied. Follow the steps under to define each user groups access level in the App:
- For the desired groups, set permissions pr type of registration:
- Click "Groups: Allowed to Create " and edit the matrix
- Click "Groups: Allowed to Edit " and edit the matrix
- Click "Groups: Allowed to View " and edit the matrix
Important, all permission on web is controlled only by the user role and subproject access.
Article is closed for comments.